Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2018, 22:58   #5272
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
But she remains committed to her deal, and gets to stiff Rees-Mogg etc because no deal will be off the ballot once Parliament has had a say.

She can hand on heart stare down a TV camera and say she believes this is best for the country, delivers on the referendum result and the only way to achieve this is due to divisions in her party and the opposition is to have public support for it.

Why do you think she has been targeting people directly, and there are Government funded ads on social media “selling” her deal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m not sure “talking bollocks” fits the continuous calls for posters to be respectful, but I’ll entertain your point.

One million people signing a petition is just that. More than the vast majority of petitions get, it indicates strong feeling on some level. However the nature of social media is that organised campaigns can achieve that kind of figure.
Makes you wonder who's playing who here, aiming at the 'gullible' on social media reminds me of all the accusations against Russia