Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 20:11   #4222
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Hence why the agreement is harder than the actual bill procedure.

I dunno, I am skeptical of a second referendum. I think it will only strengthen division and unleash nasty forces. I think Remain would just about win simply because the demographics have slightly changed since 2016 and also the young people who sat out last time would probably come out this time. But I think to have any legitimacy to close down the debate the win would need to be a blow-out for Remain, i.e 60%+, which won't happen. 52-48 the other way would be a nightmare.

I would rather the last two years were spent working out a Brexit that works with the 48% too. Ending free movement and the social charter stuff from Europe which were Brexiters biggest concern whilst keeping economically close to the EU. May only went in that direction after losing the election.
So even though you think no the majority are now against Brexit, you think we should press ahead anyway. ?

Divisive another vote maybe, but no less so than the original vote. This is going to affect generations to come, we can put up with the whining oaps for a few weeks. They may post some vitriol on the DT comments, but that will be the limit of their militant action !