Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2018, 20:03   #4027
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I don’t see how it’s unpatriotic to want us to get the best deal we can, with fishing rights (or anything else) as part of any negotiation to smooth our trade relationships with other economies.

If you think it’s blackmail that’s your flawed interpretation of how negotiations work.

Poorer is a relative concept and you don’t understand economic growth calculations, which we’ve established and there’s no need to repeat. The calculations you describe don’t say what you claim because you didn’t baseline 100%.
I fully understand how negotiations work. I regularly negotiate deals and there is give and take. But what Macron has done is plain nasty, political grandstanding and, frankly, blackmail. I walk away from any such situation.

Your contrariness is probably more pixie than sincere because a normal person would also not wish to be blackmailed like this.

As to your insulting remark about my not understanding economic growth calculations, there was no need to baseline to the current 100%. It was sufficient to take the 100% from the top, since that was the comparison being made.

My advice is at your risk.