Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 29-11-2018, 08:31   #3894
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No it's some Remainers who have convinced themselves that they want something to go wrong. They selfishly want Brexit to fail. Sod them I say.
Remainers are worried something might go wrong. In my opinion it will impact the economy badly. However I know I might be wrong. It's the conviction you have that nothing will that I don't understand.

The scenario from the BoE is the 'worst case' but even a fraction of that could be really bad. 2008 was terrible obviously but there the economy 'only' shrank 4%, half of the BoE worse case scenario for Brexit, and if the UK has to go through anything nearly as bad as 2008 then that will be very bad. It's also why I question when people say that no deal will cause some pain but we'll get by, how much are the public willing to take? Because I think Boris Johnson and co are fooling themselves if they think the public will go for anything close to that.

Quote:
I am prepared to put my country first
The fact Remainers think this is bad for the country and want to stop it is also them putting their country first. People just disagree on what's best for it.

Last edited by Damien; 29-11-2018 at 08:45.