View Single Post
Old 21-11-2018, 12:18   #10
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Funding of the BBC

The problem with subscription is the BBC does a lot of real public service broadcasting too. BBC News obviously, BBC World Service to an extent, but all the local radio and local production work. The BBC is the default platform for any national or local events that need coverage and I am not sure how that would work with a subscription service since these things are meant to be there for everyone.

I also think we want to protect and promote British artists and the BBC along with the National Theatre and other such schemes do that really well. So many of the internationally successful British artists, from musicians to writers, were given their first exposure to the world via the BBC. I don't want Britain to become a side market of America.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote