View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 23:50   #2623
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I wouldn't be optimistic that the market for streaming services will sustain a number of providers on top of those that are already there.

There has to come a maximum, and whether there's enough space for everyone to make profits at the level they currently do I'd say is questionable.

---------- Post added at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

I'm still yet to see the benefits.

People who can't afford a Now TV subscription might be able to buy a separate inferior service just to qualify as having pay-tv?

I'm 100% certain if I had to pay separate subscriptions to see the content I do now from Sky, Viacom, Disney, etc. There wouldn't be massive injections of cash into the market from people who don't currently subscribe to pay-tv. They'd all be fighting for the same small pot outside the existing subscriber bases.
Er, let's look at this again!

Are you seriously suggesting that a subscription to Now TV is more expensive than to Sky satellite or Virgin Media?

I'm sorry, but I just do not understand your logic!