Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2018, 21:49   #2265
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
This is interesting:

Westminster Lens: Brexit Statutory Instruments Dashboard

I am not sure what happens if this is not completed before March?

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

That may be but it was just another windup attempt ...

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

To quote Douglas Adams:

Quote:
It's not the fall that kills you; it's the sudden stop at the end

Agreed - I don’t have a fear of falling; I have a fear of what happens at the fall’s end...

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Except that with the withdrawal agreement, there is no longer a difference with the negotiators on that 95%.

Whereas with the Bruce thing, he doesn't know about your plans at all!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...box=1540421178
Quote:
The European Parliament’s Brexit coordinator has rejected Theresa May’s suggestion that a deal is “95 per cent done”, as Brussels warned it will not be bounced into an agreement.

Guy Verhofstadt said the withdrawal agreement needed to prevent no deal was “0 per cent done” as far as MEPs were concerned, because of the lack of a solution to the Irish border issue.

“Progress on the Brexit negotiations can be 90 per cent, 95 per cent or even 99 per cent,” Mr Verhofstadt said.

But as long as there is no solution for the Irish border, as long as the Good Friday agreement is not fully secured, for us in our parliament progress is 0 per cent.”

The European Parliament has a veto on the final Brexit deal and has said it would kill any agreement that does not prevent a hard border between Ireland and Northern Ireland.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.