Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2018, 14:40   #1816
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

[QUOTE=jonbxx;35966344]Well those ‘poisonous cretins’ never accommodated us apart from;

Economic and monetary union, AKA the Euro [SEPH]: You're getting me going now! The Euro is flawed because there is no fiscal union, which requires a single fiscal/budgetary authority. So we get to the Greece and perhaps Italy situations; in the case of Greece, nothing but misery has been brought to the people; admittedly the Greek mentality of not paying tax and poor productivity is why reality caught up with them but it threatened the Euro. Also the credit crunch caused problems for countries that could not adjust their financial policies in the same way that we could, being outside the Euro. The Euro would have been a good thing if Germany hadn't skewed its valuation against the DM by allowing countries that didn't meet the 3% deficit rule to join the Euro club. The Euro is a political project and founded on monetary union with all its ramifications and responsibilities.

Charter of fundamental rights [SEPH]: Big deal. It has brought us nothing but stupid rulings; like we couldn't deport criminals because of the right to family life; or because they had a cat. We are the UK - we do human rights and don't need crass extensions imposed by others.

Schengen Agreement [SEPH]: I can't fault the benefits of Schengen for internal (EU) travel - except that foolishly permitted ingress of 1 million refugees (and terrorists) from the Syrian conflagration has caused countries to threaten and actually impose border controls.

Area of Freedom, Security and Justice [SEPH]: Not sure about justice. The EU countries administer law by codex whereas we use case law where statute doesn't cover a situation. It means that in Codex based countries, the law states what you can do and everything else you cannot do and judges interpret this. In the UK the law states what you cannot do or what you must do; the rest is determined by case law.

Plus, of course a big old rebate. [SEPH]: The history of/reason for the rebate is explained at http://theconversation.com/the-uks-e...xplained-58019. Just thought people might like to know.

I warn you all again, if they can realise their direction of travel (i.e. federalisation), then our parliament will be trumped by the European Parliament - and those power hungry politicians are no better than our useless politicians. Difficult as it is to unshackle and untangle, the longer we leave it, the harder it will get.

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
But they have compromised and allowed the uk to opt out of some things yes?
Have they compromised? Didn't we opt out where our veto could have stopped the whole thing they were trying to do? I think it is we who compromised by not using the veto.

Those tricksters allowed France to make working rules as restricted across the EU as they were in France - to stop others being more competitive. When we vetoed it, they moved the directive into Health & Safety which only required a qualified majority. As Mick says, they are con-merchants and only want our net contribution and market because we are otherwise a lost cause to their stupid federalisation plans.

My advice is at your risk.

Last edited by Sephiroth; 13-10-2018 at 14:35. Reason: typos