Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2018, 10:12   #1364
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Discussion (Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Can you remind me which of these is in the "leaflet posted through the door explaining exactly what brexit was" ?
I read it in the leaflet, anyone who didn't should go to Specsavers. Other brands are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
The last one will be interesting as May has again stated the UK will not be fragmented, which the last option would require.

Whilst the last option may suit some, it will definitely not suit the hard leave group and splits the UK in terms of agreements. Scotland might start clamouring for a similar arrangement as NI.

The whole EU vote has divided the UK and the Tory Party, and it looks like NI will be sacrificed in order to maintain the Tory party.
I think The Independent nails what will happen.
Quote:
What she said: No one wants a good deal more than me. But the EU should be clear. I will not overturn the results of the referendum, nor will I break up my country. We need serious engagement on resolving the two big problems in the negotiations. And we stand ready.

What she meant: I will cave in after the Conservative Party conference.
What will happen? Jonathan Lis of Influence spells it out.
Quote:
The EU will not accept the Chequers plan, which proposes a single market in goods but not in services, capital or people. It will also not accept any possibility of border infrastructure in Ireland, which is anathema to Dublin and, according to the Police Service of Northern Ireland, presents a credible risk of sectarian violence. That has duly paved the way for the Brexit endgame, which EU negotiator Michel Barnier has now confirmed: there will be a border for goods in the Irish Sea.
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-customs-union
Whether the UK decides to remove the GB-NI border by GB staying in the Customs Union and EEA is up to Theresa May's Government. Expect a somewhat different approach from Theresa May after the Conservative Party Conference!