View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 22:05   #791
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I only meant it was a success given they have addressed paying out so much for a bunch of mainly low quality channels showing a high volume of much repeated programmes that were originally provided free (outside the pay tv arrangements).

Either they will ditch those channels forever or they will come back at a cheaper price and/or additional OD content. If they don't come back, we should get better channels to replace them if they are aiming at the higher end of the market.
Ah, fair enough and thanks or clarifying - that's a fair point in that case. And yes, although UKTV provide "bread and butter" channels that any platform will certainly be weaker for not having.. the fact that that's a different way of saying "cheap" channel has certainly been highlighted by this shambles.

Mind, in the interests of fairness - I'm still not sure I agree with VM using the channel slots for duplicate channels. I would rather the slots are just killed off until such time as UKTV is restored or the slots are sold. Having duplicates there just kinda highlights the stupidity of the whole situation, for me.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote