View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 12:33   #732
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
As I said in your other thread. Changing any part of your current contract be it going to the free TV service or what ever has logically to become a new contract.

The terms of your contract will have changed and will cancel your existing one.
I am referring to them reintroducing a minimum term when customers change packages as part of this.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Although, as I have already mentioned to Richard, he can pull out of a contract as soon as the next price rises are announced.
Well, it's coming to something when one is to expected to hope that a price rise takes place.
Another thing preventing me from leaving is that I have paid line rental upfront for a year and they will not refund this.

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I would not put them past it to have a price rise though.
Neither would I.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Pretty interesting read but not convinced. No source given for the facts and figures plus this time of year is notorious for a drop in viewing figures as the school holidays start and millions of Brits go abroad on holiday. Would be fascinated to know Dave and Gold's viewing figures for the same 2 week period in 2017. That would be the most accurate barometer.
They are probably based on the BARB figures; yes it would be interesting to compare from one year ago. The removal of the channels is bound to have had an effect on UKTV viewing figures but, given that half of the channels are freely available elsewhere, but the drop reported here looks to be higher than would have been expected.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote