View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 22:23   #10
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Does downgrading put you into a new contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This is a change in policy if it's now the case that changing any TV services now means that a new contract starts, it never used to be the case. All you had to do was give 30 days notice and even this wasnt rigorously enforced until Liberty Global bought VM.

I don't want to be put into a new contract, so may be forced to cancel altogether if they now do his (assuming that this is legal and/or correct). It seems very short sighted to try to keep doing things to force customers to stay, surely it would make better business sense for them to persuade customers to want to stay.

Hopefully Ben will see this and be able to shed some light on this. Either the newspaper has got this wrong or it's a new policy.

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

Common sense says that once out of contract a new discount should be negotiated. VM rely on people forgetting to do this, not doing so through inertia or other reasons.

A letter will serve as a very useful prompt to people with busy lives and could well be essential to those with some disabilities.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

I'm growing tired of your unhelpful and snide comments.
But that wasn't what I wrote in reply to you.

You stated that they will be forced to write to the customer near the end of the contract so they don't overpay. What will they be overpaying? If the loyalty or new customer discount has ran out, they'd be paying the going rate of the services that VM offer.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote