View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 20:04   #5
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Does downgrading put you into a new contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Because of the removal of the UKTV channels, some people are downgrading their TV packages. I will probably downgrade to the 'free' package once I have a new OTT service in place for UKTV and the other pay channels that I want.

According to this:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...nels-uktv-cost

VM are now saying that this entitles them to put you into a new contract!

Has anyone had experience of this? Is this new policy true, as even Sky don't do this?

Maybe it's CS staff talking BS again either off their own back or via orders from management. The customer was also informed that, if she downgraded, her bill would go up by £15!!

One good thing is that Ofcom have told providers that they want them to start writing to customers to inform them that they are coming to the end of their contract to prevent them overpaying.
Look, Richard, if you think you are so hard done by, change providers. Nobody is forcing you to stay with Virgin Media.

Customer Services may be freed up for the rest of us if you make the right decision. (Sorry!)
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote