Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2018, 11:35   #720
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
That’s just typical fear mongering bullshit at it’s finest Mr K. People can still sail or fly, to Europe destinations, or go elsewhere in the world, there are far better places than Europe. They won’t suddenly stop Brits going there, that’s economic suicide for them.
Which parts of Europe have you been too? There are some extraordinary cities and locations in Europe. There are great places in other parts of the world too but Europe is rich with top places to go, it's got some of the oldest civilizations there - at least Western ones. Munich Beer Halls, Norwegian fjords whilst drinking beer, Budapest food (and beer). Paris. Haven't actually been to Rome but I am sure that's cool.

The issue with the channel will be how all these structures work. I imagine we'll be able to go into Europe without a visa, I am not sure how customs checks will work or how the flight area works. We can get agreements for all of this but you're on the one advocating we don't do a deal.

Quote:
Anybody would wonder how the hell we managed back prior to joining the bloc back in the 70s. We did just fine, then we made a catastrophic decision to join the union that has handicapped us as well as fleece us, for over 40 years, no bloody more!
Since then we've built up many ties and built infrastructure within how the EU works. I.E No customs checks, agreements on flights and tons of regulation. We're now talking about just stopping that suddenly. 40+ years worth of work is not easily dismantled and replaced in 2 years.

Last edited by Damien; 27-07-2018 at 11:39.