View Single Post
Old 18-07-2018, 22:45   #4434
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If you mean for the next decade or so, you have no argument with me. But the longer term future does not bode well for the 'TV guide' if you will, and as far as I can tell from your comments, you have no actual basis for saying that they will still keep going for years and years after that.

The trends are already there for all to see and the BBC have come to terms with that already and are planning for this eventuality.

It's simple economics that as less advertising money comes in due to falling audiences, services will decline. In two or three years, I would say, pay tv channels will start closing down. It's all right at the moment, and they are coping, but it won't last.

I don't know old you are OB - but if you are saying the status quo will exist for at least a decade, I am not sure why we are bothering with this huge thread.