View Single Post
Old 28-06-2018, 17:45   #3304
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
At the moment you are entitled to work in the EU automatically. We don't know what the future arrangements for that will be. It won't mean you're banned from working but you might need permits e.t.c which could also be unavailable for certain types of work.
This basically, no casual work, you may well need a job to go to. I have seen it the other way where the brother of one of our senior manager who is Hungarian came over to work. He was 18 and wanted to improve his English and experience the UK. Both great ambitions. He was never out of work to be honest, to the point where if he didn’t like the job he had, he quit and got a different one later that day! His opinion of 18 year old British people wasn’t very high to say the least.

If I am looking through CVs, if someone has travelled and worked abroad, that is a big plus for me as it shows a toughness and ambition. Not the be all and end all but if I had two equal candidates and one of them has travelled, I would pick them.