View Single Post
Old 27-06-2018, 20:31   #1460
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Has it always been the case that the Supreme Court can be manipulated by the Executive via political appointees? If so, what is the rationale of the Founding Fathers in coupling the Judiciary to the Executive?
This is probably a really complicated topic which serious academics study and debate. I can't really tell you.

Obviously the court is independent but the manipulation only occurs on appointment.

I guess the reason the President chooses is who else would? The President as at least accountable to both congress and the people. It allows the court to be independent without being entirely separate.

I think the whole justice system is nuts in America anyway. Far too much politics in the appointment of judges, I think some lower courts even have them elected which is madness. It seems to be a nation created by and for lawyers.