View Single Post
Old 26-06-2018, 10:00   #3232
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l don't chant any mantra at all as l don't follow any crowd as please explain and prove to me why you don't think this country will not be poorer? as thus so far all we have so far is your usual very predictable straw man argument approach.
I've already explained myself. There will be more trade because we will get a tariff free trade deal and there will be frictionless borders. That will not make us poorer, now, will it?

However, a hard Brexit would make us a bit poorer for a time, while we adjust to the new arrangements.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
As Professor Minford of Economists for Brexit made clear, we're part of a European supply change. He was in favour of a hard Brexit but said that the UK would cease to be a significant manufacturer if that happened. We don't have the kind of internal supply chain that larger countries like China do. By geography we are part of a European supply chain.
I'm afraid the cat's out of the bag and the implications of the choices that the country has to make are becoming clear. Boris's F-business rant says it all and unlike the Heathrow vote, he can't fly out of the country to miss it.

---------- Post added at 09:05 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

You'd be better off posing that question to a Trump supporter on that thread.
The question with Brexit is how less trade with the developing world, Asia Pacific, America and Europe and on worse terms with more red tape will make us richer.
Your first paragraph again refers to a hard Brexit. That is what we will not have under the Government's plan.

Your second paragraph assumes that our trade with the rest of the world will diminish, whereas our ability to forge new trade deals tailored to our needs will increase it.

I agree that without a trade deal, WTO rules for all our trade will produce disruption in the short term, but that is not the scenario the government envisages.