View Single Post
Old 24-06-2018, 17:32   #3192
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
You say "do not tar all Brexiters with that brush" but then you paint yourself with another: "those Brussels turds". Using such language encourages no-one to enter into a serious adult debate. [SEPH]: One has nothing to do with the other. A fascistic remark by one person does not equate to and adjectival noun used to describe the turds in Brussels trying to screw us. As to your "serious adult debate" point - oh please.

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

You keep saying this but having that many people in your country does not preordain economic prosperity. Don't forget a lot of our "in-house skills" as you put it are vulnerable to Multinationals deciding to off shore them if the economic outlook is not favourable to them. [SEPH]: Try being positive about our people and indeed those non-nationals who will continue with their lives in the UK.

The industry I work in, IT, has seen many highly skilled UK workers made redundant not because they were not skilled or productive but because the company wanted to employ cheaper staff in Eastern Europe, India, China, etc.[SEPH]: What's that got to do with Brexit? Also your argument runs counter to the daily news that we are short of IT skills due to immigration targets being reached.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

Just a reminder that we are a sovereign state, just not in the way you want.

I had thought we had left behind the childish Project Fear labelling. If you object to the information presented, just explain why it is wrong and present your own counter argument, backed by facts. [SEPH]: What on earth are you on about? Nothing I have argued has the slightest touch of Project Fear. I merely argue that the UK has voted to leave the EU in the Referendum (and that obviously means the major institutions of the Customs Union and Single Market). I have also explained how Germany has engineered the Euro for its advantage and has engineered Greece into a vassal state. These, and Brussels Commission are people from whom I'd like to get away.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post

Not true, I for one tried to reply to your assertion that the EU is a project designed to make Germany richer. You just do not like the answers. [SEPH]: Maybe I missed that reply. But I certainly DID NOT say that the EU was a project designed to make Germany richer. I was very clear that Germany has engineered the Euro to its advantage (I explained that in great detail much earlier in this thread). Right now it is protecting its 8% surplus in spite of it being illegal. German hegemony is at work.

I was in Berlin a couple of weeks ago and after visiting the various WWII institutions, can clearly understand why they are motivated in the way they are and why they are so nervous of the rise of nationalism across Europe. [SEPH]: Are you telling me that German hegemony today is motivated by their World War 2 experience? You didn't mean Deutschland Ueber Alles but that's their plan in the economic sense. If you can't see that then you are blind to reason.

As Churchill said in 1957: [SEPH]: What did Churchill say in 1957?

I feel he would saddened by the attitude of many in the UK ..

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

What is it with "perfidy"?

Don't you see the job of the EU, which includes Eire, is to get the best outcome for their members, not for us. We are the ones who are divorcing them! Maybe we can get a divorce on the grounds of our mental incapacity [SEPH]: The perfidy is obvious. The EU and Ireland are hiding behind the Good Friday Agreement to try and force our hand. How about you standing up for things that the UK wants? We are divorcing from them because a Referendum instructed us to. The perfidious Varadkar has forgotten how we came to Ireland's economic rescue. Now he's part of the scheme to stiff us. Don't stand up for the EU and its tricks.

My advice is at your risk.