View Single Post
Old 22-06-2018, 08:55   #62
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: New upskirting law blocked by Tory MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
How? How is it sensible to just pass a law without any debate or because it seems like the stealth idea of the day (no pun intended) ...but my bigger question is why does it need to be addressed???
As I have previously said it is not 'without a debate'. There would have been at least two more plus the committee stage where the law would be examined in more detail.

Some times government legislation passes this stage without any debate. Even if this 2 hour debate which everyone objected too was too short the outrage over it seemed a bit much.

Quote:
What makes this such a priority?
It isn't but the commons can focus on more than one thing at a time. It's not like it's doing that much at the moment.

Quote:
I remember when this first hit the news months back - I am surprised that it even garnered the signatures needed to get a debate going.
It was a Private Members Bill.

Quote:
A majority of the folks in favor of this are men, and aside from some Scottish pride I doubt any of them have ever worn a skirt.
Do you have a source for the majority of the support being men? The MP who introduced it and the campaigners for it were women.

Quote:
Okay we at least agree on the latter part of this....this is horrendous. There is no need for this and good on the MP who put a stop to this.
The MP objected to the process not the law. He is supporting the law.

Last edited by Damien; 22-06-2018 at 09:01.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote