Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2018, 15:17   #740
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
No one in this thread (besides yourself with your passive-aggressive comments) is attacking the BBC - we just understand it's a very complex technical solution, and "something magic" isn't going to happen overnight.

Your "defence" of the BBC seems to be saying how crap it is, and why doesn't it do what you want when you want - this is like Stalin defending the Soviet Army by executing his generals...
except Hugh, something magical did happen over night. the BBC is now doing a red button feed for other platforms for Wimbledon. something I was told wasn't possible due to the BBC charter and a myriad of other things.

its helpful if you read my posts and dont make passive aggressive comments, then it might make sense.

what I said all along is that the BBC is handing ammunition to its critics, actual real people I have read attacking the BBC when the iplayer feed isnt working.

now, this is really simple, all the BBC had to do was provide the streams to sky and virgin at the same time as the iplayer trial and it would have allowed them to test their HLG workflow and also provide users with a reliable 4k picture.

they are partly doing this for Wimbledon, so clearly all the made up tosh I had to wade through was pure fabrication by some users. why would they do this? why would a user make up stuff that makes the BBC look bad in the eyes of some people?

you tell me.

but the reality, the BBC did screw up by not providing the feeds to sky and virgin and it seems this blip is being rectified and hopefully will be a one off.

now lets be clear, if the BBC did only go down the iplayer route for 4k content for live events like the world cup, it would instantly rule out so many people and thats really not what the BBC needs to be doing at a time when its under attack from politically and commercially motivated people.

honestly hugh, its that simple. I like the BBC, always have. but unlike you, I am aware of the negative comments made about this "trial" and you just want to ignore those attacks. which to me is hardly the action of someone who genuinely wants to avoid the BBC going down the pan, which is a very real possibility if you had your eyes open.

now, bizarrely, we are back to the question of why isn't virgin getting the feed and I hope the reason is that its being sorted out. as for the same reason, now we have had experience of 4k on our V6 boxes, there is only going to be negative feelings if virgin users miss out on something sky 4k users will get.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote