Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2018, 00:43   #731
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

You guys are "interesting".

Honest question, do you want the BBC to survive as it was or do you want it to be a second tier broadcaster.

Seems the BBC is already slipping behind the likes of powerhouses like Eurosport so it's clearly going the way some wish.

If your like me and want the BBC to be at the forefront of broadcasting, we need to be realistic about what is required in this new technological era.

Posting about the BBC and it's history isn't going to stop people criticising the BBC if it doesn't keep up.

That's the reality, 4k output is the norm now and I recall the BBC HD channel setting the standard and it's not doing the same for 4k.

With us all experiencing liner channels giving us perfect 4k content on the red button, that's the baseline for what we can expect. If things can't be sorted for the premier football event, it makes you wonder if it's already accepted it's fate due to cuts and pressure to not compete with commercial channels.

If you actually like the BBC, like I do, then this isn't the time to navel gaze and make excuses.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote