View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 20:02   #1276
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But to be given a Presidential Pardon, someone has to have been found guilty of a Federal crime, so the only time Trump could pardon himself would be if he had been found guilty of a Federal crime...

If Trump isn’t going to pardon himself because he won’t need to pardon himself, why say he could in the first place?
It's Trump being Trump, he's a player and he is using twitter as a tool, to play others with and it's working. He's clearly pissed off with the never ending "Witch Hunt" and to coin his phrase the "Fake News Media".

BREAKING: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell cancels Senate's August recess due to "the historic obstruction by Senate Democrats of the president’s nominees, and the goal of passing appropriations bills prior to the end of the fiscal year."

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Do you think she should be?
No, I do believe in the "Magna Carta" Charter that set out the following three main principles:

1) Noone is above the law including the King/Queen.
2) Right to fair trial
3) People have the right to representation, i.e in Parliament.

That said however, should the Queen go out and commit a crime today, she would not be arrested, but she could be forced out by an act of Parliament... She could turn up in person though while they are sitting in the Commons and attempt to dissolve parliament and attempt to take control of the country.

The last monarch to do this was King Charles I. The result was a civil war between Parliament and the Crown, he was tried and sentenced to death for treason against the people of England and beheaded in January 1649. What an era to be alive in back then.