Thread: A Duty To Die?
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2018, 16:57   #231
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: A Duty To Die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So they can't be allowed to die if it's inconvenient to someone else or offends against their right not to be upset!
Errr, no, as I’ve already said, they can’t acquire the ‘right’ to die if delivering that right has too much of an impact on other people - that impact including such things as other people feeling obliged or pressured to exercise that ‘right’ themselves when the time comes. There are many other similar examples of how one person exercising their rights has a profound effect on someone else.

Quote:
If anyone told me that and I had enough energy to do so, I'd get up and jump out of the window. They could clear up the mess.
Without any thought for the psychological effect your ‘mess’ might have on the attending emergency services or even passers-by. A very neat example of how focusing on ones own rights at the expense of other people can be a profoundly selfish thing to do. Thank you.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote