View Single Post
Old 18-04-2018, 20:35   #33
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Windrush generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It’s not about NI Numbers, it’s about eligibility to be employed - when you apply for jobs nowadays, they all have to check you have the right to work in this country, for instance by being a UK citizen, and you have to provide a passport (which gets photocopied when you go for an interview).

If you haven’t got a passport, that rules you out.

https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work
A passport isn't a requirement for UK citizens who can prove their citizenship in other ways.
Quote:
British citizens may also demonstrate their permission to work through their full UK birth or adoption certificate which includes the name(s) of at least one of their parents or adoptive parents, together with an official document giving their permanent National Insurance number and their name issued by a Government agency or a previous employer.
Quote:
if 2 documents give different names, the applicant has supporting documents showing why they’re different, eg a marriage certificate or divorce decree
I might struggle with that bit, as my birth certificate has a different surname. My parents divorced and my mother remarried and I took my stepfather's surname. Luckily my mother arranged an official change of surname by deed poll, when I was 18.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote