View Single Post
Old 17-04-2018, 19:57   #21
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Windrush generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
According to Channel 5, the changes to the rules involved deleting a paragraph that would have covered these people. It was removed as it was feared that it could be abused by illegal immigrants to stay in the UK and it is claimed that it was never intended to include the Windrush generation, however, staff have been interpreting this as a way to include them.

I suppose we'll never know if the order to do this came from higher up, but if these people had never made a fuss it certainly wouldn't have harmed the Government's stats when quoting how many 'illegal immigrants' they had identified and dealt with.

As a former Government pen pusher I can say that the low hanging fruit is always picked first in order to get the stats up.

Just been reading that the children of these immigrants have also been caught up in this:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...drush-children
An old card with a name and date of arrival is not proof of anything. And as I've already pointed out, others have been affected long before 2010, because they had no landing card in the first place. Eg They came from Canada with their parents.

Quote:
The Home Office added that in deciding immigration cases, it considers alternative documents, such as tax records and utility bills, as evidence of ongoing residency. “The disposal of registration slips would therefore have no bearing on immigration cases whereby Commonwealth citizens are proving residency in the UK.”
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote