View Single Post
Old 27-03-2018, 22:38   #1244
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why not start with 'Because it's not necessary to enforce the law'.

Unfortunately, bureaucratic minds love complication and making life difficult.

And that's not good for business, which works best with straight forward processes and light regulation. You can get absolutely the same result on data protection without requiring organisations to produce all this paperwork.

However, I don't think you will ever understand the concept, Andrew, judging by the responses you have given on this subject.
I think you'll find that you've failed in convincing anyone of your unusual views on this subject. Hugh, tweetiepooh, Carth, jonbxx have all challenged your interpretation. I'm not sure what you mean by paperwork, I suspect you have been sold a lemon by a consultant.

Hugh gave a great summary, it really isn't as hard as you make it out to be, and if anyone hands over their personal data they're entitled to know the purpose that it will be used for in plain English. This is pretty straightforward stuff, Old Boy.

It sounds as if you have a 20th century view on the value of personal data and only see the costs and not the benefits in keeping it secure and demonstrating this value to potential clients. That's an uncommercial and outdated approach to 21st century business challenges.