View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 09:41   #267
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Undoubtedly, but will the strategy work? They may gain customers due to the lower price but they will lose those who don't want to sit through commercials. They would certainly lose my custom if any streaming service I subscribed to decided to add compulsory advertisements.

I remain of the view that there should be a subscription option with no ads and a non-subscription (or low subscription) option with ads. That should draw in most people with interest in the service and produce bigger revenues.

The option of a two-tier subscription model would offer the choice people may want, however would it attract enough advertisers?