View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 07:45   #2332
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
fantasy island there OB
The economy will benefit, Dave, because trade with the EU will be much the same as it is now plus we are going to trade more with the rest of the world.

---------- Post added at 07:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Any evidence to support that growth comparison? Reality is that the Eurozone has outperformed the USA for the last 2.5 years!
I apologise for including the USA. I had forgotten that the US had fallen back recently in comparison with the EU. However, it does not change the thrust of what I said about the slow economic growth of the EU compared with other large economies.

---------- Post added at 07:45 ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
OB doesn't need facts, as George says, you gotta have Faith

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

I am not sure how you are blaming Labour for the mess that the Tories created? I guess it is a tribal thing ..

So let's discuss:

What parallel universe did this happen in? The Tories have "addressed the mounting feeling of resentment about the Westminster and EU elite"?

Come on, really? The degradation of the UK-owned manufacturing base, the lack of robust tax policies over the last decade to address offshore tax evasion, non-existent Corporation tax payments for globals, runaway housing inflation fueled by uncontrolled foreign investment (inc. money laundering), spending billions on projects intended to favour the City & big business, running down public services while watching the City & privatised national services taking billions out of this country, etc.

The list is endless to be honest. To say that the Tories are addressing the problems of the Elite is jaw dropping. They are part of this problem.

Also, while I am on my high horse , we have a PM and Cabinet who, believe and campaigned against Leave not 18 months ago. They expressed their views many times on why Leaving is bad for this country. Now the very same people stand up and say the *exact* opposite and expect the country to believe them!

If they had a shred of honesty they should have resigned, all of them. Power is a seductive mistress so here we are, witnessing a group conversation on the road to Damascus.

Ah, you say, but they are only enacting the mythical "will of the people" and they must put aside they own personal convictions and carry out their sacred duty. Rubbish, I say! You cannot believe a word they utter.

It is the same thing as Monsieur Farage becoming Foreign Secretary in the case of a Remain win and enthusiastically representing the UK Government at the EU summit. No chance ...

Lastly, I am curious, why do you add a derogatory, personal insult when discussing someone you do not agree with?
Well, as far as the growing resentment of the EU elite is concerned, we were given a referendum, and the electorate gave their verdict.

As far as your rant about what, in your opinion, this government has not done, do remind yourself that the Northern Powerhouse is a Conservative idea (where is Labour's plan for the North?), tax evasion and tax avoidance is being tackled, whereas Labour did nothing when in power, housing inflation is being tacled through a variety of measures, including immigration controls and more house building, and public services have suffered due to the austerity measures that have been introduced following the financial mess that Labour left us in.

The fact that the Conservatives are now pretty united in taking forward Brexit is credit to them. Many did not want this, it's true, but at least they have listened to the electorate. You appear not to like that.

As for Ed Milliband, OK, fair dos, but he brings out the worst in people!