View Single Post
Old 15-12-2017, 13:00   #3689
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You better repeat that as many have said that before you on this forum and have had to eat that straw hat.
I'm used to eating hats with the ammount of predictions i get wrong lol.

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I see that Sky and BT have agreed to share their programmes. All BTs sports channels will be available to Sky subscribers and Sky Atlantic will be available on BT via Now TV. I wonder where this leaves Virgin Media?

Source http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42364401
There goes Daves "SKY won't let anyone have SKY Atlantic" then lol, though tbf it is only via nowtv on bts platform.

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Run that passed me again…did the boss at Sky just say that 'our leading portfolio of channels – Sky Atlantic, Sky One and Sky Living – available on ALL major Pay-TV platforms for the first time'??? There's no arguing that Virgin's TV pay-TV platform is a major one (6m households using VM's services in the UK and Ireland) and Darroch can't tell big fibs on these announcements, so I can only conclude that Sky Atlantic, either as a channel or as part of a VM Now TV offering, is on the way any day now.
(Either that, or Sky reckon that this BT deal and the Sky Q over internet service launching next year will kill Virgin TV once and for all…)
We think SKY,VM and BT will unite together with the threat of online providers such as netflix, amazon and the risk of twitter and Facebook throwing their hats into the ring too.
However i think VM are in the weakest position of the big 3 as they have no content to offer in return.
I've said it before and i know many disagree but i'll say it again VM should never of sold of their channels for a start Living was great when vm owned it but now it's a shadow of it's former self, plus by having channels VM would of had that extra bargaining chip too.