View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 17:46   #2768
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The chief EU negotiator for Brexit has said that Britain needs to be taught a lesson about the cost of leaving the EU:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcnickro...uid=3004087394
Except he didn't say that.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...postcount=2742

Quote:
Speaking at a conference in Italy on Saturday, Mr Barnier said he did not want to punish the UK for leaving but said: "I have a state of mind - not aggressive... but I'm not naïve."

"We intend to teach people… what leaving the single market means," he told the Ambrosetti forum.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Being pro-Brexit has nothing to do with not wanting to trade with, visit and have mutually beneficial relationships with other countries. We can do all of those things perfectly well outside of the EU and control our own destiny which is why we voted to leave.
I don't think you can really give any explanation why everyone who voted one way or the other did so and it's really silly when anyone tries to claim people voted to leave or remain for any set of reasons.

The polls conducted after the vote disagree with you, but could easily be wrong and, regardless, Parliament was always sovereign.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Source

FT link for subscribers

Ferrits in a bag comes to mind.
Not a surprise at all, is it? Given our own cabinet can't agree on what kind of Brexit they want I can't even begin to imagine what 27 different governments are coming up with.

There's a really good reason why they drew up and agreed negotiating guidelines within the Council - to avoid the process being sidetracked by such arguments.

Tad late for them to fight one another - they agreed Barnier's negotiating positions months ago and need unanimity to change them.