View Single Post
Old 29-08-2017, 15:24   #2702
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post

There weren't millions. Transfers from UKIP to Labour comprised about 5% of the total Labour vote. They mostly went to the Tories as they were far less equivocal.

There was a small shift balancing that to an extent of Tories desiring EEA / EFTA membership moving from Conservative to Labour.

I'm working at the moment but might find the graph showing the movements later.
I was confused by this as in 2015 Election, UKIP had 3,881,099 total votes. In the snap election in June, they had lost millions taking their final total vote tally to just 594,068.

I read previous analysis that that loss of over 3 million UKIP votes, that Labour were the major beneficiaries, but I now admit after reading the FT article linked below, it seems that the UKIP collapse, that it was the Tories that did.

https://www.ft.com/content/dac3a3b2-...a-1e14ce4af89b

I do remember on Election result night that many of the key seats, saw Labour get a wrath of surprise big swings from UKIP and I naturally assumed they were the big earners that night. As they say, assumptions are the mother of all...