View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 14:03   #44
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Confirmed: linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You do have some vivid dreams sometimes OB as if you think that is going to happen then your crystal ball is full of grandeur and delusion.

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

Lower prices now you do have your rose tinted glasses on in your ivory tower OB.
I have been reading a number of items recently about the likelihood that Amazon may start bidding next time around, so I don't know why you are dismissing this out of hand, Den.

As for pricing, I can understand your scepticism, given the cost of securing the rights, but Amazon is a global player with big pockets and can afford to put in a bid that would outflank Sky. I believe that they would gain more viewers with lower prices and probably combine subscriptions and offers with other parts of their business to maximise viewing audiences. They would be able to sell on some of the matches to other platforms/channels to increase their revenue.

Why would you not welcome such an outcome, Den?