View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 11:29   #7278
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Yes - unfortunately sky have lost various rights over the past few years

Australian NRL
Australian Cricket
Caribbean 20/20 Cricket
Aviva Premiership RU
European Cup Football
Europa Cup Football

To name but a few (all to BT except NRL) - has the subscription ever gone down to reflect the loss of content, of course not. In fact it always goes up.

I'm sure this is the same if you get it thru Virgin or direct from Sky.

Not quite true

Europa Cup - Was on ITV and CH5 not Sky. Also before BT, ESPN had the secondary rights, I can't remember SKY ever having any rights to Europa League.

Caribbean 20/20 - I don't think this has ever been on SKY, this year it's on BT, last year on Dave, before that BT before that I think Eurosport and ESPN.

What have SKY taken from BT/ FTA since BT have come along

Most of F1 from BBC and soon all of it and highlights from CH4
MLS Soccer from BT
Top 14 French Rugby from BT
IPL Cricket from ITV
The Open Golf from BBC
NFL Sunday night football from Ch4 and Monday night from BBC, Eurosport, ESPN (it moved around most years)
England football Friendlies (aka The new Nations League) from ITV

Plus they have increased the amount content from existing football rights, they show more PL games now, pre-BT 115, today 126 plus much more EFL. They also show a lot more La Liga too.
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote