View Single Post
Old 14-06-2017, 16:45   #3484
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

The trouble is in this country platform holders are also content providers which is holding our market back,
if you compare us to America where pretty much every broadcasters OTT offerings are available on every device imaginable (even Amazon Instant Video is about to appear on Apple TV devices) our media market looks like it belongs in The Ark.
To give an example I would like to subscribe directly to BT Sport as I like their app and the freedom it provides to watch their content in high quality wherever I might be but this option is denied to me unless I switch my broadband to their inferior offering, something I wont do.
I cannot subscribe directly to Sky where I live but at least their Now TV option provides me with a somewhat flexible solution, although I do find the 4 device allowance a tad limiting.
If Ofcom really had any teeth they would make all content providers make their OTT wares available across all media streaming devices.