View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 21:17   #1534
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Last time I looked it had not been replaced yet. Do you think as it stands $1500+ increases per month are worth it ? These are costs my U.S pals are seeing and I can tell you now, they're pissed off and cannot wait for it to be gone in it's current form.
Well the bill before the senate is largely going to see it gone. They can raise premiums for pre-existing conditions and they can set lifetime limits on how much the insurer will ever pay out per year or over the person's life. They will now also be allowed to charge older patients more. The payments made to help the poorest people get coverage will be reduced as will the taxes implemented by Obamacare.

The main thing that remains is coverage on your parents' policy until age 26.

It will be cheaper for young people and more expensive for old people in general as a result. In other words the cost will be more closely linked to how healthy you are as it was before Obamacare.

So Obamacare will largely be gone.

And of course the Congressional Budget Office estimates 23 million people will be priced out of, or denied, health insurance: https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52752