Thread: Football Season 2016/2017
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 15:11   #1167
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football Season 2016/2017

Benitez and Mike Ashley met to discuss the future of Newcastle United and Benitez. Everything went well, both parties are happy and it's thought they're ready to hit the transfer market with Ashley saying he wants to the club to hit the ground running, rather than hang on for a season.

I can't fathom what money we're talking about to hit the ground running but it's already been suggested there's going to be a minimum of £100m available to throw about, whether that's set to increase is unknown. Edit: Apparently they were talking about spending to the tune of £150 million

What is clear is Newcastle are a different club than they were 2 years ago, in which no manager actually had control over anything, money was spent where Mr Director and Mr Chief scout wanted it to go and it was spent on the 2nd-3rd choice targets over the main one.

So I must have traveled to an alternative universe where Mike Ashley is the best thing for Newcastle besides an oil rich playboy.

Whilst every Newcastle fan is still sitting in the clouds, I may just go stick a bet on Newcastle qualifying for a European spot next year. Where's Robbie Savage at? Anyone fancy a new car?

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 10-05-2017 at 15:24.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote