View Single Post
Old 19-01-2017, 10:24   #6813
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
The cost of football rights has I believe reached saturation point and more and more people are saying enough is enough and are either staying with paying for sky sports/bt sports because they get a discount like me,or like many of my friends and work colleagues get a dodgy box (not endorsing that route mods).
The trouble is sports rights in general still attract customers and sky and bt are in competition against each other and don`t want to loose out to each other. I don`t know what the answer is.
In the end, Sky and BT will have to accept that there is a limit to what even the most ardent sports fanatics are prepared to pay. Certainly, Sky seem to appreciate this and I think they will pitch their bids lower next time around.

Neither Sky nor BT want to lose their share of the audience for their sports channels, but that desire will be tempered by their ability to make a profit. if the number of subscribers diminishes as a result of the high costs charged, both parties will have to think long and hard about their strategy.

I do think that the number of deals being offered by Sky at present is indicative of their realisation that without them, the number of paying subscribers to Sky Sports will diminish substantially.

The bidding process next time around will be very interesting.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote