View Single Post
Old 29-08-2016, 13:21   #2981
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
However, I have been toying with the idea of getting the Movies pass and ditching Sky Movies on Virgin, as VM are more expensive and I tend not to record films. The PQ on Now TV is very good although not quite HD.
You should do this without any shadow of a doubt. The PQ is 720p for On Demand movies. The advantages of having the movies channels through Virgin are in my opinion simply not worth the extra cost (having recently had full access to Sky Movies on one of my TiVos for free I can testify I didn't make use of this once)

With the kids in the house I find we're watching on average about 6-8 films a month. great value for £9.99 a month.

I'm going to watch the last series of Hell on Wheels and get through season 3 of The Strain (Pretty sure Watch have excusive rights to the first showing of this) then I'm ditching VM's XL package and going for the bog standard M tv package......unless VM throw me a massive incentive.

It' been nearly a whole month since any of us in the house have watched/recorded anything not available on the M package with Now TV entertainment. If anything we've been using Amazon and Netflix the most.

For some strange reason it takes what can best be described as "courage" to cut back but I'm looking forward to taking the leap.