View Single Post
Old 26-05-2016, 23:13   #21
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Which is your most favourite Star Trek series?

funnily enough I watched it yesterday. I can remember watching it 15 years ago when I was at uni and showing all my friends the scene when they deploy the ablative hull armour. I loved it then and I still love it now.

This is why I wish they would make a new ST series based on a time ship like the Relativity. It would give them chance to dedicate episodes to minor stories which can fill gaps but at the same time give us more depth and insight into the behind the scenes goings on so to speak about the ship and characters lives. If we were to speculate about Voyager returning home the first thing you would ask yourself is what would happen to the crew. Do they stay together for another year to wind down and assimilate (pardon the pun) themselves back into society or are they all split up immediately and given separate missions and assignments? What happens to the Doctor? Does Starfleet and the Federation respect his rights as an individual and allow him to pursue his medical career and take advantage of his knowledge or do they see him as a hologram and take him offline so they can dissect his mobile emitter in an attempt to duplicate the technology? Are the marquis given pardons or are they held accountable for their previous crimes? What happens with Seven and does she go on a soul hunting exercise and discover nature and what it means to be human or does she join the crew of a science vessel?

These are all things which you wonder about going through the series and I loved how they sort of tied that up at the beginning to give you some resolution before they undid it all. They did the same thing with DS9 which I really liked. I hate open endings and when you have spent years with the characters and come to know them and respect them it is nice to see that things work out for them and they get a measure of peace and fulfilment in their lives after all they have suffered and been through.

Last edited by General Maximus; 26-05-2016 at 23:17.