View Single Post
Old 21-05-2016, 23:58   #2856
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age
Re: What have you just bought?

A spare LCD monitor for £8 from charity shop - not perfect, but good enough to be a setup spare - doing a new machine and transfer for a friend (that already had to replace a failed monitor) and I really didn't want to risk breaking my decent second monitor carting it around in the car.

Condition: some screen marks, and has odd bug that it's "out of range" on BIOS screen - good thing I don't need to tinker with that at the moment!
I've seen that before with some LCDs.

Also, DVD-RW drive (again £8) - box said Philips - inside was a slightly older (and non-lightscribe) Liteon 1635S - still an interesting drive as it's disc scanning capabilities are far superior to my main drive (a lightscribe capable Samsung, TBH, kicking myself for not splashing a few quid extra on a Liteon at the time I got that, but the Sammy was the cheapest lightscribe).

1635S now has latest experimental (modified 6S speed profile) firmware on it, ready to take second slot in my case (which I half reserved for another drive, a Philips/BENQ DVD8881 that I had high hopes for, but was the one Philips/BENQ that lacks their amazing disk testing capabilities, so that drive would not have added anything.

The "5S" series drive is also superior to the drive I was considerin retrieving from an old system, which was a "3S" series
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote