View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 07:59   #82
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: BBC license change to cover catchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
not really, you aren't making any sense and I can't decided whether it is because you have misunderstood my posts or whether you are just the biggest hypocrite ever and like to contradict yourself. The general tone of your posts suggests that you disagree me yet your individual arguments and statements regarding having to pay for channels that you don't watch support my position. Just to be clear, you are complaining about "choosing" to pay for a service which has so many channels and so much variety that you cannot watch all of them. I am complaining about "having" to pay for a service that I don't watch and don't want to have. I do not have an option not to pay or to unsubscribe.

Sarcasm escapes you does it ? I am not complaining(apart from some people's constant whining about paying for the BBC) ,you are complaining about having to pay for a universal channel free of subscription and free of advertising that you don't watch ,i was sarcastically using your own argument of "why should i pay for channels i don't watch against you . You should be able to understand that everybody ,regardless of TV ownership pays for commercial channels via the products they buy in the shops ,when was the last time you heard anyone complain about having to pay for ITV

---------- Post added at 07:59 ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
It really doesn't make sense and to be honest it sounds so outrageous that it sounds like something you would hear about in a country run by a dictatorship. I don't know why it hasn't be raised in the European Court of Human Rights by now (seriously). You argument makes sense for 50 years ago when there wasn't anything else available but now that technology has moved on there are a multitude of other services available at a better price and value. The law needs to be changed to reflect this. I half wish I did my degree in law now and I would take this up as a personal mission.
You do realise that most of Europe has a tv licence,quite often it is a surcharge on electricity bills or electrical goods