View Single Post
Old 26-02-2016, 10:39   #174
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Well of course it is. That's because the party in opposition stands to lose out. However the reason they stand to lose out is because they allowed the situation to develop to their advantage over many years while they were in power, by failing to address the extreme lag in the boundary revision process. It would have been dealt with shortly after the 2010 election, except that Nick Clegg cut off his nose to spite his face in a petulant act of revenge after the Tories threw out Lords reform.

Having constituencies of equal size is an absolute no-brainier. Yet political reality is that the only time this sort of reform is ever going to happen is when the party that is disadvantaged by the status quo gets into power. Labour can squeal all it likes, but it's just hypocrisy.
I don't care too hoots abour Labour. I do care about having a healthly opposition in this 2 party system we have. I am concerned that a Government voted into power by a minority of the electorate will have no real oppostion to what ever policies it want to put into power for years to come.

These changes will ensure that a vote in the commons will be a lesser risk and they are putting plans together to gag the Lords ...

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Chris said it all very accurately.
Grow up