View Single Post
Old 27-11-2015, 22:41   #2274
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Come on OB, the ads will come to streaming sooner rather than later. What will make me chuckle is if streamers cant skip through them though.

Streaming can become king for all I care. As long as I have the choice to keep using an STB with record, FFW, and rewind, I will be happy.

That being said, I still don't think streaming will be future.

Oh, you can already watch programmes without ads - it's called the BBC, but that is something else you to change - which ironically will have to show adverts to help fund it if you had your way. That in itself is equally ironic, considering your hatred of adverts
Verizon and Comcast have released STBs that stop you from fast fowarding the adverts, expect similar devices in the UK within next 4 or 5 years.
Streaming companies will probablly follow HULUs example one price for a comercial plan say £8p/m and a higher costing plan for no commercials say £12p/m. HULU currently do this commercial plan $7.99p/m (£5.20) and none commercial $11.99p/m (£8.25).