View Single Post
Old 16-11-2015, 17:16   #2214
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
There still needs to be a network for any wireless device to connect to. So, although no "cord", it ain't cord-less either. (excuse the pun)

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

With the imminent price rises, I'm thinking of cord cutting too, so I have no problem with the term and I'm older than you.

But, clearly there is a technological change underway. TV was delivered one way for generations (over the air using tv aerials), then Murdoch came along and changed that and with the advent of fast internet, it's changing again. But, I do not think traditional tv will die and even if it does, there still needs to be a company that provides internet access which Netflix, Amazon do not.

I just think we're hearing a lot about Netflix/Amazon/Hulu etc now, but I question whether they will still be around in ten years especially if the likes of Time Warner, Disney, Fox, AT&T, Comcast etc all launch their own versions of Netflix to prevent cord cutting from their own channels/networks.

Time Warner is already making grumbling noises about providing content to Netflix which is in direct competition to its own HBO channel. Others will start grumbling too soon...
Personal opinion of course but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Netflix get snapped up in the future , Apple have long mooted a video streaming service , in Netflix they already have a service with a huge footprint and probably the best streaming experience in the market.