View Single Post
Old 25-08-2015, 19:26   #2577
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
A bit superfluous. My point is that there is no value in a we-told-you-we-were-right-and-you-were-wrong attitude. I'm sure the Scots are politically adept enough to come to their own conclusions.
It would have been superfluous if you had actually said there was no value in a we-told-you-so attitude ... but you didn't. What you actually said was, "anyone wishing to preserve the Union might consider it unwise to belittle their choice of representation for the sake of a question best left (known but) unsaid".

There seems to me to be a very clear difference between "no value" and "unwise". Just to assuage any possible doubt, you also suggested it was "best left ... unsaid", hence my earlier post. There was far too much of this from the Yessers last year, either trying to stop no campaigners saying anything at all, or else making fanciful claims that anything said in support of "no" would inevitably increase support for "yes".

It was gash then, and it's gash now.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote