Thread: Football Season 2014/15
View Single Post
Old 14-06-2015, 14:36   #3560
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Football Season 2014/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Right. So you don't remember Swansea City being told to "get out of the Premier League because you're not English" and all that crap?
I don't think many people care if Cardiff and Swansea play in the Premier League. I remember years ago there was talk of allowing Rangers and Celtic into the Pyramid as well. I think those teams probably now wish they explored the idea with a lot more rigour at the time.

It is technically the English Premier League and if the other members of the United Kingdom wish to operate independently of each other, with separate federations, then you would assume they would also exist in different league structures as well. Wales indeed has this but these two teams are exempt? I don't understand the history of it. However given their size it makes perfect sense for them to play in the English football system and I expect most English football fans feel the same. I also would have wanted the bigger Scottish teams here as well. It strengthens the league to have a wider range of teams.

There is no real attempt to expel Swansea or Cardiff from the league. Speaking as someone from England I would say the rivalry is more focused on Scotland than Wales.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote