View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 19:29   #1685
batchain
cf.addict

batchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Just seen this, which relates to the US. Not good news for those of us who were looking forward to Amazon Instant launching on our TIVOs here in the UK.

Well, I am looking to get an LG TV in a couple of months' time, and this will provide me with both Netflix and Amazon Instant. Problem solved for me.

However, it is a huge disappointment. Virgin Media needs to get as many streaming services onto its system as possible to give viewers maximum choice on one box. If they did that, I think it would be a huge draw for subscribers.

Without this, I am concerned that Virgin Media's TV service will no longer be a serious competitor to Sky in the years to come. This could have been cable's USP.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201733000

Extract

Amazon Instant Video will no longer be available on TiVo Series 2, Series 3, and selected TiVo Premiere (Series 4) models after April 15, 2015. As we continually improve our service, it occasionally means we can no longer support applications on certain devices.

The following device models are affected by this change:

TiVo Series 2
TiVo HD (Series 3)
TiVo HD XL (Series 3)
TiVo 160 (Series 3)
TiVo 320 (Series 3)
TiVo Premiere (Series 4) models issued by a cable or satellite provider
It helps if you know what you're talking about before quoting links. This is the old Amazon download service. TiVo Roamio and Tivo Mini users can still stream movies and TV shows from Amazon Instant Video, and the option will be available on Tivo Premiere boxes in 2015.