View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 21:23   #1500
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
So my contract comes to a end in August and I am now looking at alternatives for TV. This week I purchased a nexus Player and installed Kodi, quite impressed with the Kodi side of things but less impressed with netflix only offering two channel sound and no 5.1.

I think tomorrow I will get a fire TV and do the same with installing Kodi. One will go in the living room and one in the bedroom. I think the Fire TV will be the bedroom box as it has access to both Netflix and Amazon Instant.

The Nexus will live in the living room and I think both my popcorn hours can then be retired.

But this now leaves a gap for apps for TV, my Ariel is rubbish so looking for TV via IP, will be an interesting few months.
It may be worth looking into the Windows tv sticks and boxes that have started to show up, i'm quite interested in these myself and am very close to purchasing a pipex 7 windows 8.1 box a bit pricey though at £149.