View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 14:28   #9184
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Dodged a bullet on my Focus yesterday/today.

Noticed yesterday morning on the way to work that the heating in the car wasn't working (only cold air coming out of the vents, but no warning lights showing).

Popped the bonnet before setting off home, and found that there was no coolant fluid in the collar overflow rank - sub-optimal.....

Managed to take the car to the local Ford Garage (where we bought it from just under two years ago), and they took it in to check it today. It turned out one of the hoses had become brittle and split, and leaked the coolant fluid.

The garage said lucky that I had taken it in, as there was no damage to the engine (1.0l Ecoboost), but if it had been run much more without the coolant, a replacement engine would have been required.

Broken hose replacement free under warranty vs new replacement engine at three thousand pounds - phew.......
Lucky escape indeed.

You have to wonder, though, how a hose could become so brittle in just a couple of years. I wonder if this is a known fault.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote